BMM looks for people who want to be part of something special; a journey that is more than just the next line on a resume. If you have the qualifications and you want to be part of one of the best professional services firms in the world, then we would like to hear from you. BMM is always looking for talented individuals. If you do not see a current career opportunity that fits your skills you can still submit your resume.
current job openings
Group Manager, Wagering, Sportsbetting – South Africa
BMM Testlabs (bmm.com), seeks a dynamic, meticulous, hardworking Group Manager – Wagering, Sportsbetting, with a strong technical acumen, to join our innovative Testing Laboratory environment located in Kyalami Business Park, Midrand, South Africa. These are tests and examinations of gambling hardware and software in accordance with the relevant gambling technical standards and regulations.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
- The Group Manager is accountable for:
- Ensuring the quality of the team’s work by supervising, promoting and enforcing their adherence to
- BMM’s standards and procedures.
- Project Manage all testing projects allocated to this group.
- Attending technical committee meetings, updating test methods and scripts, compilation of test plans, ensure accurate project scoping, conduct related technical reviews.
- Reviewing and ensuring the quality of client status and DIRT reports, as well as recommendation letters before it is sent to clients.
- Assist Management in reviewing team time slips
- Scheduling and running a weekly team meeting.
- Ensure availability of Laboratory testing tools as per BMM’s standards.
- Allocating tasks to systems consultants – test engineers in the team to ensure the group have sufficient work.
- Maintains day to day management by providing the testing tools, allocate trained resources, to achieve short-and long-term departmental goals and objectives. Be experienced in Wagering Systems and Sportsbetting.
- Monitors team member performance, provides feedback, coaches, and manages annual evaluation process for departments.
- Ensures compliance with mandatory training and provides position specific training to enhance the skills sets of team members.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, must be able to handle stressful and high-pressure situations. Completing the tasks to agreed deadlines and within budget
- Maintains knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Management of new staff (assigning of mentor, training and guidance).
- Training of staff (where applicable).
- Process development and improvement.
- Client communications.
- Maintain up to-date knowledge of new/changed regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or Information Technology Degree, or Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma, or equivalent Diploma. Preferable Programming languages: C, C++, .Net, JAVA. Linux, ISTQB, SQL.
- Strong ability on interpretation of technical requirements and applied testing, strong leadership, can work well under pressure
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years management experience and leading a team.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of gaming experience a must.
- Advantage – Project Management experience.
- Critical attention to detail, a self-starter, deadline driven.
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s license and valid passport and be willing to travel as and when required.
- Be able to work extended hours where agreed with the company.
- Successful applicants must pass our local Regulatory licensing requirements.