BMM looks for people who want to be part of something special; a journey that is more than just the next line on a resume. If you have the qualifications and you want to be part of one of the best professional services firms in the world, then we would like to hear from you. BMM is always looking for talented individuals. If you do not see a current career opportunity that fits your skills you can still submit your resume.
current job openings
Regional Financial Controller – Melbourne, Australia
BMM is seeking a Regional Financial Controller based in Melbourne, that will cover BMM’s Asia-Pacific & African business entities. This role will report directly to the Global Financial Controller based in Las Vegas.
The main goal of this role is to support regional and group business as well as financial and management reporting requirements.
- To support regional and group business, financial and management reporting requirements.
- To meet all corporate reporting requirements and timelines.
- Provide financial planning and analysis reporting to the Global Controller and regional executive team.
- Support the annual planning process.
- Ensure that all financial and management reporting is in accordance with IFRS or applicable local accounting standards.
- Lead the annual audit process for the Region.
- Ensure that all tax and regulatory payments are in accordance with local business requirements.
- Ensure that Region’s credit and collection policies are followed.
- Ensure that all payroll processing is properly and accurately handled.
- Ensure that internal controls are strong and compliant.
- Manage and develop local support finance team.
- Maintain current & accurate finance data in company’s financial accounting systems.
- Ensure proper use of company’s close workflow software.
- Supervise expense processing and accounts payable.
- Maintain the company’s fixed assets register, controls over fixed assets and the correct calculation of depreciation. Confirm assets by stock take annually.
- Support the petty cash and employee expense reimbursement functions.
- Ensure that costs incurred by the company on behalf of overseas subsidiaries are properly accounted for.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s statutory accounts.
- Prepare reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and resolve reconciling items promptly.
- Manage the regional annual audit process with chosen service providers ensuring the annual audit timelines for progress and completion are met.
- Preparation of accurate monthly financial reports (profit & loss account, balance sheet and cash flow versus budget and prior year) by the third business day of subsequent month for each individual entity
- Multi-currency consolidation reporting at the regional level
- Analyse and report all significant variances to budget.
- Complete the financial KPIs as prescribed.
- Assist the EVP & Finance Team in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Work with EVP and regional sales teams to ensure accounts receivable are collected within terms and identify potential write offs and bad debts expeditiously.
- Lead regional AR function – invoicing and collections.
- Build relationship with customers’ finance departments.
- Weekly analysis and reporting of aged trial balance.
- Close supervision of the AP function through daily communication and reporting.
- Review and approval of suppliers’ invoices and correct coding
- Analysis of AP reports and subsequent cross check to cash flow and funds release.
- Weekly analysis and reporting of aged trial balance.
- Ensure monthly payroll records and reports are accurate and current for third party processing and maintenance.
- Ensure that all group tax, payroll tax and superannuation obligations are properly discharged. And that all payments are timely.
- Calculate annual leave and long service leave liabilities on a monthly basis and incorporate adjustments in the management accounts.
- Ensure that payroll records are kept confidential and secure.
- Maintain, control, forecast and report on the current and forward cash positions of regional entities at business unit and consolidated level.
- Weekly analysis and cross check to AP and coordination of subsequent release of funds.
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with regional banks holding deposit accounts.
- Ensure that foreign currency transactions and accounts are accounted for correctly.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Work with chosen external service providers.
- Completion of tax reporting requirements and on time lodgment.
- Ensure compliance with Goods & Services Tax, Fringe Benefits Tax, Income Tax and Workers’ Compensation regulations – timely payments and on time return lodgments. Prepare an annual calendar to show requirements and report against this for lodgments.
- Support management of matters relating to the company’s properties, utilities and services.
- Support internal purchase order request process.
- Maintain, develop and support a local finance support team to perform day-to-day finance operational tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University graduate or above, major in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of related work experience, covering Australia & Asia.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience in professional services industry preferred or IT software and services.
- Experience with IFRS and Australian Accounting Standards and multi-entity, multi-currency consolidations, intercompany transactions
- Very strong FP&A and Excel skills
- Major ERP system experience preferred including Netsuite.
Base salary is subject to candidate’s qualification and experience.