BMM looks for people who want to be part of something special; a journey that is more than just the next line on a resume. If you have the qualifications and you want to be part of one of the best professional services firms in the world, then we would like to hear from you. BMM is always looking for talented individuals. If you do not see a current career opportunity that fits your skills you can still submit your resume.
current job openings
SYSTEMS TEST ENGINEER
Position reports to: Group Manager or Systems Director
To deliver all the specific accountabilities identified below where he/she is assigned the role as systems test engineer or as a participant in team based projects reporting to a Project/ Team Leader Technical Services. The systems test engineer is required to achieve a knowledge of systems testing procedures, technical gaming standards, various gaming platforms, and BMM policies and procedures.
Working with the team leader technical services, the test engineer is responsible for:
- Have an understanding into technical standards, procedures, systems plans & checklists, as well as BMM policies and procedures.
- Have an understanding on technical standards and interpretations.
- Perform inspections and participate in inspection projects
- Have an understanding of trends in technology in the gaming industry and changes that are occurring. Use BMM related industry material such as industry magazines, industry websites, etc.
- Have an understanding of all systems necessary for the project to be carried out.
- Setup, install, maintain, and troubleshoot all Systems assigned.
- Have and understanding of SQL or other databases, store procedures, and source code.
- Work directly with system suppliers as needed.
- Ensure the quality of work/systems through adherence to BMM’s standards and procedures.
- Document all systems results and incidents that are raised on the project.
- Possess a general understanding of reports, recommendation letters and status reports written for the project.
- Have an advanced understanding of BMM’s project management procedures.
- Recording and reviewing their time spent each day.
- Have an understanding of BMM’s standards and procedures to achieve high quality deliverables.
- Communication with the respective team leader, technical services and assigned project leaders. Project leaders may not be a member of your group.
- Development of skill set will be evaluated on an agreed upon schedule by respective Team Leader Technical Services. Results from said evaluations will then be reviewed by Group Manager Technical Services.
- Assist with training of new staff members as necessary.
- Allocation of tasks to systems engineers as directed by Team Leader Technical Services.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Understanding of at least one gaming system within 90 day probationary period.
- Zero defects reported on work performed.
- Achievement of Individual Personal Improvement Plan.
- Accurate Time slips – correct project numbers, client, activity & description.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Science degree or Technical Degree (2 Year) or equivalent industry experience.
Must be witnessed undertaking an inspection before being able to perform inspections independently.
Requires successful completion of a background investigation, may require probity investigation & licensing
Travel may be required.
BMM is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity in the workplace and are a drug-free employer.
Please use ‘Apply for this position’ button below with resume and cover letter.
BMM Testlabs is the longest established and most experienced private independent gaming certification lab in the world, providing professional technical and regulatory compliance services to the gaming industry since 1981.
BMM employs some 400 people in 14 global locations, serving over 460 jurisdictions.
BMM’s world headquarters are in Las Vegas (USA), with offices in Mexico City (Mexico), Lima (Peru), Melbourne and Sydney (Australia), Singapore, Macau (SAR, China), Barcelona (Spain), Kraków (Poland), Bologna (Italy), Midrand (South Africa) and Bucharest (Romania).