BMM looks for people who want to be part of something special; a journey that is more than just the next line on a resume. If you have the qualifications and you want to be part of one of the best professional services firms in the world, then we would like to hear from you. BMM is always looking for talented individuals. If you do not see a current career opportunity that fits your skills you can still submit your resume.
current job openings
Computer Scientist- Moncton,Canada
POSITION REPORTS TO: Global Math Leader
The Mathematician/Computer Scientist must come with an advanced knowledge of mathematics, technical gaming standards and various gaming platforms. This position will need to become intimately familiar with BMM Testlabs’ policies and procedures as well as industry and regulatory requirements. The Mathematician/Computer Scientist will play a crucial role in ensuring the mathematical integrity of various gaming technologies in accordance with jurisdictional regulations and technical standards through the analysis of source code and mathematical analysis. Your responsibilities will include the development and implementation of mathematical models, collaborating with global cross-functional teams, and staying abreast of industry trends to enhance our testing methodologies.
Working as a member of a team, the Mathematician/Computer Scientist will include, but are not limited to:
- Mathematical analysis of math models and their implementation for compliance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Evaluating math models (e.g. Card games, prize first, bingo (instant, bonanza, & custom styles), lottery, sweepstakes, and reel strip based).
- Evaluating mathematical algorithms in gaming products to ensure fairness, accuracy, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Developing custom simulator applications and/or brute force calculators for math evaluations.
- Developing custom tools for the evaluation of Random Number Generators (RNG).
- Performing statistical and empirical tests to evaluate software and hardware based RNGs.
- Modifying and extending functionality for in-house math and RNG evaluation tools.
- Reviewing source code of RNGs, Games, Operating systems & Gaming systems for compliance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Performing software verification for RNGs and standalone applications.
- Providing consultation on mathematical implementations to meet requirements for regulated markets.
- Analyzing test results and preparing certification and evaluation reports when math and RNG evaluations have been completed.
- Providing technical support and training to team members.
- Assisting with training other staff as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience designing, delivering and / or testing math for slot machines (land-based or digital)
- Extensive knowledge of mathematical and statistical modeling, combinatorics, and probability theory.
- Experience with programming languages such as C/C++/C#/Java, including appropriate use of object-oriented design.
- Experience with Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems.
- Experience in mathematical testing within the gaming industry.
- Understanding of core programming concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of gaming regulations and compliance standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the team and external contacts, including customers.
- Ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines.
- High degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness.